Monday 7 May 2012

Weekend Antics

    From Friday night I went and stayed over at my cousins - Dinah. I'm pretty close to her in relative terms so this is something done quite frequently. With that we ordered a takeaway (pizza and cheesy chips) and the night off to a good start. I brought my laptop over as I've recently become obsessed with solitaire, not however as bad as Dinah who's played nearly 500 games already. 


    So Friday night was good and fun, watched a lot of 'Man vs Food' and also came across another website called 'Stumble Upon' I made a blog post about this earlier on which you can see here. Also nearly eating everything in the cupboards, we called it a night. Woke up Saturday morning at around 10am roughly and so did Dinah after a while, had some toast and put 'Man vs Food' on again - I believe a marathon was happening on Dave. 


    My Mum and Step-Dad were looking around for wedding supplies as they're getting married in a few months, so getting last minute things was pretty essential. So instead of babysitting myself, my Nan volunteered bringing with her my Auntie - Dinah's mum. Once they had both left, I came across a website with a variety of obscure cupcake recipes, such as baileys frosted cupcake, sour cream raspberry cupcakes and parsnip cupcakes to name a few. One particular cupcake - peanut butter cupcakes caught my eye, and we decided to bake them. 


    After debating on actually leaving the house to go Tesco, we get ready, left and bought the ingredients. With this we also bought some chicago town pizzas to eat before we start baking. The recipe was straight forward, the measurements were slightly strange as things were done by the 'cup' and not 'ml' or 'g' but it all worked out fine. Without any indication on how many cupcakes this mixture produces, we were able to fill six cupcake cases but then poured the rest of the mixture into a rounded tin and made a cake version to go along with it.


    Once they had been cooked we used the rest of the peanut butter to place a small amount on the top of each cupcake and also drizzled melted milk chocolate over each individual one, so the taste of peanut butter was not over whelming. The cupcakes and cake went down a treat with the household, and we will be making cakes again very soon. Hope you've all had a good bank holiday weekend.


StumbleUpon - www.stumbleupon.com
Peanut Butter & Other Cupcakes - makescupcakes.yolasite.com/

    Fagan x

No comments:

Post a Comment