Sunday 20 May 2012

Popped My 'The Horrors' Cherry

    I arrived at the HMV Ritz in Manchester for half 2pm, the concert was starting at 6pm that night. When I parked up, I was in front of 'The Horrors' tour bus and they had already been given a parking ticket. I met up with my friends and we waited for any sight of the boys. During our wait we saw both supporting bands 'Bo Ningen' and 'TOY' getting all their kit ready.







     Joshua Hayward came out of the tour bus after 20 minutes of us waiting and had photos with us all, he was really sweet and had just woken up as well. He couldn't get into the venue through the back so asked us for help with opening the doors on the front. Not being able to actually open them, he finally got buzzed in by one of the staff members. He told us he would be coming out later on for a smoke and to talk more once he had woken up properly. 


    We spent the next hour or so going around the back of the venue in hope that any of them came outside for a smoke or just to have a look around, there was a canal and pathway around the back that was really nice with ducks and geese swimming around. We took it in turn to sit around the back with everybody's numbers ready if one came out from the front and/or back.


    Isobel and myself kept writing little notes and putting them through the back doors for them to read, offering sweets in return of a photo or two. After a while of this Joshua came back outside for a smoke and was drinking tea, we were all talking about different concerts and our first experiences of seeing them and Josh was telling us about playing at Leeds Festival last year.


    Once he went back inside we all went and sat back around the front of the venue. After 10 minutes Isobel and Olivia ran around the back and started shouting. Following them I saw Joe Spurgeon, Rhys Webb and Tom Cowan. We all had photos with them and spoke for a while. Everybody kept asking me to take photos for them which Joe found quite funny then made me have a photo with him before anyone else asked me.


    Around half 5pm, bodyguards came out and started putting up barriers so that we could form a queue. The lead singer, Faris Badwan came walking down the street and signed tickets and spoke to Isobel and myself for a while then we got back into the queue. I was the first person to go inside and was in the middle on the barrier.


    The supporting bands 'Bo Ningen' and 'TOY' were very good and played about 5/6 songs each then we waited for 'The Horrors' to come onstage. Their set was absolutely brilliant! Playing in my opinion their best songs off their latest album 'Skying' with some old songs such as 'Scarlet Fields' off their album prior called 'Primary Colours'

    Lighting up the entire venue with lasers, smoke and a crazy variety of new lights, the gig went down a storm with the crowd. Everybody was dancing and jumping around really getting into all the songs. I would recommend seeing 'The Horrors' if you enjoy something a little different. I will be defiantly seeing them next time they come to the North West.



    Fagan x

No comments:

Post a Comment