Monday 8 April 2013

What's In My Holiday Makeup Bag?

    Those of you who follow me on Twitter will know that I'm going on holiday to Fuerteventura on this upcoming Wednesday for a week and during that time I will have less posts up because I will be seizing this holiday for a proper hibernation mode, due to stress from college and a few more personal things that have happened over the past month. So leading up to the holiday I thought I'd do this little post as some people said they'd like to see it, so here we go. Some of these products you will of seen before so please bare that in mind, enjoy!



    To start off I thought I'd show you my makeup bag, now this is my everyday makeup bag as I don't own a million different bags I just stick with one till it's horrible and falling apart. I've been using this for roughly 2/3 years now and I believe it was from Tesco's own range, but I'm not completely sure as it was given to me off my nan because she wasn't using it. It fits a decent amount of makeup in and its a great length for my brushes. 


    Yes, you caught me out. These makeup wipes will not actually be inside my makeup bag because they're rather large but I will be taking these as part of my makeup routine in the mornings and at night. I don't really have a set routine as it is, but I will be wearing minimal makeup in the day and maybe some more at the night time but these will do the job of removing my makeup. They also smell really nice because of the cucumber essence and aren't overly greasy on the skin.


    I'm a huge fan of revlon products, their lipsticks are great and so are their nail polishes, so I knew straight away which lip products I would be taking and its the Just Bitten Kissable balm stains. With the hot, humid weather I don't fancy wearing a solid lipstick that have a matte finish (as all my lipsticks do) so these are the great alternative. They're easy to apply and are rather glossy on the lips, allowing you to add more for a heavier look or just something to make your lips stand out. 


    I'm a little umming and arring about taking the Elemis mattifying moisturiser, as I've recently been developing dry skin patches over my forehead and on my nose. However my sun cream lotion has built in moisture so I think the combination of both may work a treat. The Jergens body moisturiser however is a god sent, I have super dry skin on my legs and as it's designed for extra dry skin this will prevent any additional damage to my skin while I'm on holiday, plus it smells really lovely!  


    As always, I'll be taking my trusty stippling brush by Real Techniques and as it's all over the bloggingsphere I won't bother to talk about it, all you need to know is its brilliant! My choice of foundation will be this sample of Calvin Kleins 'soft beige' mattifying foundation that I've had since Christmas. The shade is slightly darker than my natural skin so I'm hoping after a few days of intense tanning that I'll be able to get my use out of it.


    Now the only thing I've slipped up on, up to my holiday is purchasing a waterproof mascara  I know silly me. I don't horde mascaras so this my Benefit one is the last resort (unless I buy one at the airport?). This mascara at first was outstanding , but over the few months of using it I've found it's not lifted my lashes like it used to, so maybe it's on it's way to the bin.


    There isn't much I can say about this pallet as I don't normally wear eyeshadow, but I've had this for quite a few years now and it's done the trick rather well. I use the two middle shades to do a kinda smokey eye, as I'm too scared to try a full on dramatic look. The eye shadow brush is from a brand I can't remember but it came in a box set off a family member for my birthday.


    Last product I'm taking is my natural collection blush, which I finally repurchased after practically scraping the barrel for a little bit of blush. It is in shade 'pink cloud' and to me is the perfect shade for blusher. I'm rather generous with my blusher application so it leave a nice pink enhancement to my overall makeup look.


No comments:

Post a Comment