Saturday 6 July 2013

Topshop || Tall Section Weekly Selections #4

    Hello everybody, and hasn't it been some time since I've done these Topshop segments on here, I feel like I've done about 50 of these never mind only 4! Anyhow, I Topshop's tall section has been slacking recently so I've not really seen any motivational pieces to write about, however I've managed to snag four clothing items you can't miss out on.

*all images supplied from Topshop.com, edited by FagansFinds
Dove Tee || £16
    So the first item for this week is this lovely slouched tshirt, with a mirrored image of a dove which is just divine. I'm not normally a fan of graphic t shirts but simple images such as this on neutral backgrounds really catch my eye. I think this is a staple piece in anyone's wardrobe as this can be worn with a pop of colour, like in the image above or just very casual with your favourite pair of jeans.


Marble Skirt || £34
    The next item is quite a bold piece that has a rare element to it that I've not seen recently, and it's the hi-low effect. Now this was rather big last year and still strong this year for midi dresses and midi skirt, yet I've not seen it applied to 'mini' skirts. I think this is a great thing to do especially on the tall section of clothing, as I find skirts to be too high at the back risking me flashing about 50 people on a regular basis. This gives you the freedom to wear the skirt on it's own or with tights without worrying about the town seeing your knickers.


Shirt Dress || £42
    The third piece reminds me of something very similar that I bought from H&M last year, but didn't adapt the hi-low effect so I couldn't wear it for so long as I've grown again (ha). I think this piece is very adaptable for day and night and it something that would be very light for the warmer seasons, as the UK is getting quite warm at the moment. The elasticated waist band is a favourite of mine, allowing you to out a little bit of extra weight on one month but not causing the dress to look tighter, and visa versa. I also think you could pull this off for work if you had an office job, was a teacher or basically a career without a strict dress code. 


Split Back Maxi || £20
    The final piece for this post is one of the most essential pieces in a girls wardrobe for over summer and it's a simple, black maxi skirt. What I like about this one in particular is that it has a split at the back allowing air to circulate stopping you from getting very hot and sweaty. I also prefer a back split over a front split as well, because exposing the back of your legs is less sexy and revealing than the front. Primark are producing similar maxi skirt that are very cheap but are quite thin, so I'd definatly invest in something a little more expensive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment