Thursday 4 July 2013

JUNE 2013 || Album Of The Month #4




    It's been a while now since I've done an album of the month post, but this month's star Tom Odell has set the soundtrack of my summer already! He is everywhere right now, on spotify adverts, radio and TV so it's very hard to miss the lovely lad and I can see what all the hype is about. Now prior to listening to his debut album, Long Way Down I'd actually heard of Odell for quite a few months, his name was circulating Twitter and Tumblr but I never sat down and thought I'll give that a listen. In comparison to the latest music in the charts, Odell's sound is more laid back and soulful and if you like some fantastic piano playing you're in for a treat!

    Odell's latest single, is actually entitled Another Love and has set himself into stardom. Scouted by Lily Allen herself you can see slight similarities in their tone from Odell's album and Allen's older works. So let's give a round of applause to Lily Allen for taking on such a brilliant singer on her label. I thought I'd listen to his album while writing this album to ensure I didn't miss out any little quirks in his songs that I like. Odell's songs are very heartfelt and carry a variety of messages whether that be romantic or something fun.

    Like previous album of the months, I list you my top 4 songs from the album with a brief explanation but in all honesty I love every song on Odell's album for a variety of reasons, and that's something I find very rare with artists. However, if we would go according to my itunes library played count I'd have to narrow it down to; Sense, Another Love, Sirens and Supposed To Be. All of these songs would make the perfect miniature soundtrack for film such as Submarine or (500) Days Of Summer (although they have brilliant soundtracks already). 

    Odell is also doing a UK tour from the 11th of October till the 31st, and I'll definitely be attending his Manchester gig and I recommend anybody else who is interested to go see him live, as I'd imagine his meanings and passion would shine through so much during a live gig. So who's your favourite artist this month, or your album of the summer?


UK Tour Tickets - Tom-Odell-tickets/artist/

No comments:

Post a Comment