Sunday 7 July 2013

Summer Soundtrack || 2013

    I've just come in from an hours sun bathing, and thought it's the brilliant time to create a summer's soundtrack. I came up with the idea late last night before I went to sleep and well now I'm acting on it ha. Just a quick disclaimer, music taste is subjective to everybody so if you don't like certain songs you can swap and change it's down to you, so here we go!


    So to kick off the summer playlist, I thought I'd include a classic track that many great artists have covered themselves and it's All Day and All Of The Night by The Kinks. The guitar riffs in this give it the fluid and quick beat that gives this song it's attitude. Now I will hold up my hands here and say, I only know this and maybe two more songs by The Kinks so I'm not their biggest die hard fan out there but this is definitely something to check out!


    The next song is a very recent release and it's Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys, now compared to The Kinks I'm a huge fan of Arctic Monkeys and sadly missed out on tickets for their next UK tour (sold out in 30 seconds!!) but I've been following their glastonbury coverage where this was played. Arctic Monkeys never fail to release good summer tunes and this one will definitely be over played on my ipod.


    Oh cheeky, The 1975 have been floating around recently and I never really got around to listening to them. However after recommendation from a friend (I'm talking to you Charlotte) I gave their song Sex a listen to and I loved it. Their alt-rock tune reminded me of going out to the beach on holidays and visiting parks on hot days, and I think that sums up summer quite well. They also hail from my home city of Manchester, so that's another perk!


    Another blast from the past (a little bit) and it's Last Nite by the The Strokes, this is another cult hit that I'm sure most of you have heard of before and it's just a very light 3:18 of you trying to understand what Julian is singing about ha. The Strokes have released many hits of their band career, and have been the backing track for many famous advertisements. 


    My second recent obsession has been Django Django and in particular their hit Default, I've recently started listening to more psychedelic art pop music and these guys have been at the top of my list for a couple 7 months or so! They were part of the NME Tour which I sadly missed out on (I was too late on buying tickets again) but after seeing some of their set live at festivals, I know not to miss out next time.


    Now my summer playlist wouldn't be complete without mentioning this guy, it's Tom Odell with the lively and upbeat Hold Me. I've recently done a review on his latest album and wouldn't stop raving about how his album is one for my summer soundtrack. Now I obviously can't have all of his songs on here, so instead I've picked my favourite (at the moment) and it's Hold Me. The video too this looks so fun to of made, and it's just a very free spirited song that can be interpreted in quite a few ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment