Friday 19 July 2013

4Talent Days || Wigan

    If you follow me on twitter you would've known that I applied and got accepted for Channel 4's talent days, these days give people the opportunity to learn about the media side of the world to give an insight and guides to your future career. I've never been to an event like this before especially on my own but I'll tell you know I highly recommend it! I got to the event at around 8:45ish and there was roughly 140-200 other people there as well, I actually seen somebody I knew from college so I hung with them till registration time.

    I signed onto the 'Adventures into TV Journalism' workshop with Jules Mccarthy; the senior broadcast journalism at Staffordshire University. Throughout the day we got given freebies to take home with us which I thought was extremely sweet considering the whole event was free of charge (I got a shoulder bag, water bottle, pen, notebook and USB drive all with the Channel 4 logo imprinted) we were also offered free water, tea, coffee and pastries over the course of the day along with a free dinner. 


    During the event we had a few talks off a variety of people such as, Priscilla Baffour who introduced us to the whole event and what we was going to expect and take away from the experience. Ade Rawcliffe who discussed her journey and experience into the media industry, along with documentary makers Nine Lives Media. 

    During the 'Adventures into TV Journalism' workshop we were paired into groups and had to arrange a small radio package, displaying three pieces of news that we felt was most important; we chose a crime, weather and media broadcast. We were also given out booklets regarding broadcast journalism, we handy tips and tricks along with useful websites. The whole day was absolutely brilliant and I'm quite sad now that Channel 4 have gone and it's all over ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment