Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Perfect Summer Lingerie || Bras

    I'd like to kick this post off with stating I am in no way a professional when it comes down to lingerie, I've been wearing bras since the age of 12 (maybe) so I've only had 6 years experience with them but after reading an article by Sarah Kennedy in Red magazine entitled 'Summer cleavage: how do you wear yours?' and going through a few lingerie changed myself I felt quite strongly towards this discussion. So to make this more understandable from my point of view I'll give you some history from my 6 years of wearing bras, shall I?

    Like most girls in their last two years of primary school, I started wearing vest bras. Now as you can tell from the name they're literally a cropped version of a vest that just covers your not really existent boobs. Then throughout my life at high school, I wore the generic bra that most girls wear which consisted of a wired and padded bra is a variety of colours and patterns. I was bought the majority of my underwear by my nan or mum, so I never dabbled in push up bras (I didn't really need the extra lift), plunge bras or even sports bras.

     Up until recently I was wearing padded bras and because I am rather larger chested (38D) I found it more uncomfortable and inconvenient because of that extra padding, for example I've always lived with the problem of having buttoned shirts reveal some of my boobage (yes boobage!) as the material would separate near the bust area because of the padding, and when you're a young teenager that's the last thing you want happening. Now by all means I am not saying everybody wear non padded bras, but they have become a preference of mine. 


    Now these bras aren't a collection of my own (hopefully they will be soon) but these are what they're supplying at the store '& Other Stories' if you was to ask for a bra like this, you'd ask for a 'non padded underwire bra' and bingo you have a match! Now I'm sure girls can relate with me about this, especially those who have gone through the transition of padded to non and it's that these bras in the summer enable your boobs to breath better which results in less sweating, because lets be honest boobs can be sweaty sometimes. Another brilliant thing is that not only is it becoming more culturalised and on trend but if you sleep with your bra on at night (maybe you're at a friends house?) your boobs stay right on in there and don't pop out or flash any unwanted nipple, plus plus!

    But tell me below, are you an old school padded bra girl or do you switch it up for a few months till bingo you've found your match? Please leave your comments below as I find this is quite a controversial topic anyway, so I'd love your input or even any store recommendations for good lingerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment