Friday 27 July 2012

REVIEWED | 50/50

    Last night I posted a picture of two DVD's on my instagram, one of them was called 'A Dangerous Method' which I have let to watch and the other '50/50'. I never thought I'd get to see this film as it was released in America and appeared to have been a flop considering its European release was just straight the DVD. The aspect of this film that caught my eye was the two main actors - Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogan. Both of these actors in my experience have been in great films, so I couldn't miss something with them both together. 

    There are a few other people in the film that I have noticed from other films such as Anna Kendrick, who plays the therapist for Adam ( Joseph Gordon-Levitt ). This film is based loosely on the experiences that Will Reiser went through during his fight with a rare cancer. Outlining the plot without giving much detail away, Adam a very calm and collected guy has been suffering with back pains for a few weeks. After consulting his doctor about the pain, we learn it is in fact a tumor growing down his spinal column. This shock turns his world up side down, facing home disappointments while his closet friend Kyle ( Seth Rogen ) try's to deal with the problem too.



     As I mentioned previously there was no UK release in the cinemas which is a shame because I would be first in line to watch this film, however it was released in the USA on the 20th September last year, going onto DVD 18th January 2012. Owning this film on DVD will be something I'll be asking for, for my birthday this year as I feel it as a time less film. There is strong language, some drug use and a little sex scene involved but besides that, the film is clean. It's been rated as a 15 in England, but the age guidance varies between countries. 

    If you're looking for a film with a completely fresh view to facing cancer at such a young age then this film is for you. Don't let the word cancer make you immediately think this is a sad film through out, there are some comedy gold moments during nearly every scene and watching Joseph and Seth work together gives off a rare chemistry you don't see between many male lead roles.  





Fagan x

No comments:

Post a Comment