Sunday 29 July 2012

HOW TO | Twist On PB & J Sandwich

    With the Olympics happening right now in London, I thought inside of making a post about the opening ceremony which happened on Friday featuring the evolution of England through out the years etc I would do a little food orientated post. Britain don't really have strange combinations of food, everything is pretty straight forward. The closet we got to a weird desert was a deep fried mars bar, but being done in Scotland, some would not count that as Britain.


    So instead I thought I'd do an adaptation of a well known snack / desert from England's best friend, America. If you're American I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about from the slang version in the title. For those who don't, I'm doing a take on the tradition peanut butter and jelly ( jam ) sandwich. It's very straight forward to make but I will be substituting the jelly part for nutella. Before I get comments on my option, I know nutella was manufactured in Italy however, the company are doing a competition right now to win a trip to London, so I thought this would fit in perfectly.



Fagan x



    Now I've found if you can smooth peanut butter it makes the over all product very smooth and nice, however if you want it to have some attitude then golden roast crunchy peanut butter is the best. I also tried to get an American brand, I'm not sure if it truely is but Aldi says so.


 Again this might be preference but I feel white bread is the best for this sandwich, most of the time brown bread tends to have seeds on the entire thing or around the crust. If you want to stay as traditional as possible then white bread is the way to go. 




    I don't think I need to write on how to combine the sandwich as the 3 pictures above this text are self explanatory, if you want to do the PB & J version, the only difference is to replace the piece of bread with nutella on with strawberry jam. I believe grape jam works really nicely as well, however it is quite hard to get a really good version of that jam in normal super markets. If you wish to do this, your best bet in Selfridges.  


No comments:

Post a Comment