Thursday 26 July 2012

Essie Polish Grabs

    I'm sure at some point in your life you've heard the hype over 'Essie' nail polishes, being a regular You tube beauty guru watcher this brand is mentioned across the board hundreds of times. I'm a bit of a hoarder with nail polishes as I have multiple numbers of the same shade but different brand. I'd been anticipating on purchasing some Essie nail polish, however the price had put me off a little. For a single nail polish you would have to pay £10! Now a regular polish by for example Barry M would cost you no more than the £4 mark. 

     The most expensive nail polish I own is Blue Boy by Chanel which I purchased in euros while I was visiting Venice during Easter this year. If memory serves me right a single polish by that brand cost me roughly 18 euros, which really is a silly price but you do pay for the name. I heard through some You tubers that TK Maxx were stocking packs of Essie polishes for cheaper than the original price, so I jumped at the opportunity to salvage them.




    This was the first container I bought which included 3 different nail polishes, inside this container was a bold colour which is the first one I'm going to be talking about and the other two are french manicure polishes. As you can see the entire set of 3 originally was £10, which is the price of one polish but it was reduced down to £7 which is more than a bargain, equaling to roughly £2.30 or so each.  



   
    This is the first nail polish in the packet, compared to the others, this one is a bold colour. I'm quite disappointed in the fact that my camera was unable to successfully pick up the colour of the nail polish. In person this polish is a raspberry colour, compared to the plum look on the photo. It goes on well, only needing one coat to cover the nail with an even consistency. 

    The name of this nail polish was not written under the polish or displayed with a sticker on the top, I'm not sure whether there is a name for this polish as it might of been discontinued or just fallen off. However if you can see the number engraved is '29' this could indicate to the correct polish if bought online/in store. 




    Darker than the other pale pink this could pass as a very pale pink on the nails but you could also use this for a french manicure. I wore this on my nails the other day and it just contrasts enough with my skin colour to be noticed. If you're wearing a plain coloured outfit, this could bring a pop of colour with out over killing your outfit. 



    How adorable is the name of this polish, it makes me crave crumpets badly every time I read it. I feel I'm repeating this word too much, but this pink is the perfect shade for a french manicure. I've never known a nail brand to have such a diversity in their more paler colours in comparison to just focus on the tradition reds, browns etc.


    Packet number two is slightly cheaper than the previous package, I'm unsure as to why this is but both packets original price retails at £10 so I'd like to think there is no actual reason for the £2 lower reduction. Again all these polishes are by Essie so the price is still outstanding, each polish works out to be worth £1.25 each which is beyond amazing. 



    The first shade out of the package is what I'd consider a base coat and / or a top coat, when applied it appears quite thick at first but when it starts to dry the colour lifts up to leave a lovely sheen to the polish. As you can see the shade is called 'Beam Up' this name really relates to the polish giving it a correct identification.

    I would consider purchasing this for somebody if a birthday came up and I would also purchase this again once the entire product is used up which will be hopefully be in 6 months time ( shelf life of nail polish ) I'd believe with this being a coating polish that would be why the price is brought down by £2. 


    Finally a neutral colour I was able to snap up! Again for some reason there was no label on this polish indicating what shade it was, there was also no number printed under so I have no idea at all what it is called so I apologize for that. Being an off beige shade this is good for every day use or for school if you're able to wear paler colours. 



    Now this colour baffles me, if you look on Essie's official website 'Capri' is an orange / red colour. Yet when you have the colour in person and on your nails it is a darker red colour. The colour is being picked up even darker than that through the camera, the picker the colour it reminds me of dried blood which sounds quite nasty.

    There's a possibility that this version of 'Capri' was the original version and might of been changed over the past through years to the new coral, blood red shade. If somebody could confirm my thoughts over the colour changes for me that would be super. 


No comments:

Post a Comment