Sunday 25 March 2012

Conch Piercing

    So yesterday I went into town with my friend Katy and decided to get my conch pierced, it's located in the ear and is classed as a cartilage piercing. When you get the piercing done, a thick silver bar is used instead of the ring from the photo (right). This helps the hole to heal more quick and stops the piercing itself getting caught on hair, clothes etc as it is very tender for a few days. 

Various Ear Piercings
    I went to a tattoo and piercing store that has been in my hometown since my mum was a teenager, many of my friends have gone here also as it has been known to do piercing quick with no fuss, for a reasonable price. On the subject of money, it cost me £15 for the one piercing, it varies between different establishments. When I had my tragus pierced (3 months ago) it cost £20 but was at a more local store.

    I took a photo hours after I'd had it done, as you can see my ear hadn't swollen up and it hadn't become itchy either which shows that real silver is used (I'm allergic to cheap metals). The only unattractive thing was the dried blood, which was only a small amount will come off after bathing. The guy that did my piercing went through every step of the piercing to make sure I knew what I was putting my body through and to make sure I wanted to go through with it. 

Conch Piercing
    After it was done, he cleaned it with antibacterial spray and made sure it moves around slightly also handing me two skin cleansing swabs called 'reliject'. These were to be used when I got home and in the morning the day after, from then on a solution of salt water on a cotton bud wiped around the area is recommend. For obvious reasons, sleeping on the side of the piercing is not advised until after a week just to help the healing process. 

    On the pain barrier, I have a slight resistance to pain via piercings but again everybody is different on these things. Personally I would say it didn't hurt as much as my tragus, as that had to be clamped down then pierced, but then again that didn't hurt much either. If I had to give a rating from 1 - 10, it would probably be a 2, it only lasts a minute or so and it's worth it in the end. I'll keep you up to date with any developments regarding my recent piercing and if I get anymore.

    Fagan x    

No comments:

Post a Comment