Monday 3 December 2012

NOVEMBER 2012 || Album Of The Month #2




    So were here again for the second installment of 'Album Of The Month' this time around its 'Enter Shikari' with their latest album 'A Flash Flood Of Colour. (2012)' I've been a long time fan of the band but I'm yet to watch them live. This album has been on my Ipod classic for roughly two months now, but I've never got around to listening to it properly. However I was able to rekindle my love with Enter Shikari during my journeys to and from college. Knowing Enter Shikari from their older albums such as 'Take To The Skies (2006)' and 'Common Dread (2009)' along with their music becoming more electron based and mature, I was unsure as to how the final product would turn out. 

    The album has already released two singles ('Arguing With Thermometers' and 'Gandhi mate, Gandhi' ) which have become a hit within the fan base. Sticking to their slightly screamo vocals with heavier beats; this album is up their with the best. Like last time I'm going to recommend my top four songs on the entire album.

1. Sssnake Pit
2. Hello Tyrannosaurus, Meet Tyrannicide
3. Warm Smiles Do Not Make You Welcome Here
4. Search Party

    I couldn't praise an album or even like a band similar to Enter Shikari as they are one in a million. They successfully pull off such a diverse sound with perfect vocals and beats. If you've not already, give them a listen you never know it might become an obsession for you. This is a very upbeat album with the occasional slower paced song, I'd recommend this to anyone who likes alternative music compared to Top 40 charts. What are your views on Enter Shikari, are you a fan of their latest album?

2 comments:

  1. I love Enter Skikari, I seen them last year at Leeds Festival and they were amazing!! A right crowd pleaser. I must get this album!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd gone along to Leeds Festival, I heard they were SO good! Nice to know I've convinced you to buy the album, enjoy lovely!

      Fagan x

      Delete