Sunday 16 December 2012

INTERVIEWED || Megan Jane Lillie

    Now I haven't done an interview with somebody for quite some time now, so I thought I'd have a little look around at who's blog has taken my fancy recently. Over the past 2 months or so, I've occasionally spoke to Megan through Twitter and Instagram so I thought why not interview this lovely lady? I'll leave all of her links down below after the interview, if you guys want to check her out!






1. When and why did you decide to start blogging?
I'm actually still fairly new to the blogger-sphere! I was debating whether to start a blog for a couple of weeks and then in the first week of October I just said to myself, 'sod it, let's just do it!' I'd been watching the likes of Leanne Woodfull (Thunder + Threads) and Lucy Rance (Lulutrixabelle) on YouTube and when I discovered their blogs I fell in love and thought, 'Why don't you give it a go' so I did!

2. What post do you think was the turning point in your blogging career?
I don't think I've had a turning point just yet! My two most popular posts so far are both my 'Hauls', I think people like to see what other people have bought as it inspires them, like other bloggers have inspired me! When you see a lot of bloggers buying the same things and giving them good reviews it makes me want to buy it too!

3. If you're suffering from writers block, do you have any routines/things you do to get out of it?
I'll always look on other blogs to see what they're posting and try get some idea's from them. I try to write exactly how I talk because I think it's so important to get my personality across to my followers!

4. How has your blogging partnership with Laska Sak been working out for you?
Laska Sak is a local independent streetwear brand, I seen on their Facebook that they were looking for someone to run their Tumblr and I volunteered myself instantly as I know the 'ins and outs' of Tumblr and thought I'd do a pretty good job! Then a week or two later they asked if I'd run their Instagram as well and I was made admin of the Facebook page. I must have been doing something right! I honestly love doing it. Ladi, the founder is amazing and I think the fact that James Arthur (winner of the X Factor, ooh yeah) wears and backs Laska Sak 100% is a great platform for them! Make sure you follow them on Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram!

5. Would you ever consider a career in fashion to do with styling models, arranging celebrity meetups etc?
I've always had a open mind when it comes to careers, I still don't 100% know what I want to do! But, I'd happily consider any career in fashion, simply because I love clothes (well durr), I'm definitely a 'try everything once' type of person! I think I've definitely got the passion but I need someone to give me that extra push sometimes!

6. Any advice for those trying to get on the blogging scene?
BE YOURSELF! That's my number one tip! If you pretend to be someone your not, eventually people will catch on, blog for yourself and your followers. Also, if anyone says anything negative about your blog, shrug it off and give them the finger, if you like it and enjoy doing it, then it's allllll good!

7. If you had to describe your blog in 3 words what would they be?
'Megan Jane Lillie'. That's my full name and that's what my blog is, me. It's everything I love rolled into a website!

    Now isn't that lovely, any links Megan made throughout her responses have been linked up so if you click on the individual word it will take you straight to that page! Hope you've enjoyed reading this as I have myself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely questions! I thoroughly enjoyed the interview!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete