Tuesday 25 September 2012

REVIEWED | Clearasil Avocado & Pomegranate Face Wash And Mask





    I don't know how I feel about this review as it'll be the first fully negative post. Normally when I buy a new product that I've had no experience with before it goes down a storm but sadly this product just reminded me how difficult my skin can be at times. I purchased this product just over a week ago and have used it roughly 6 times, hoping my skins initial reaction would become accustom to the wash. 

  From the instructions you have the option to apply this daily as a facial cleanser or as a mask up to 3 times a week. The consistency of this cream is very thick which was quite surprising as normally facial washes are quite thin and runny. This is in my opinion an advantage to the consumer as less product goes a long way, so you don't waste all the product in a short period of time. 

    As you can see, the facial wash can also be used as a mask. This makes the product become multi-functional, offering a daily cleanse and a weekly (3 times a week max) deeper cleanse to ensure your skin is at its best. It's sad because personally this is where the advantages of this product end. 

    Initially when I start using a new product on my face, there tends to be a little irritation which passes over time yet the irritation from this face wash was very strong and persistent. Having sensitive and greasy skin, I thought the avocado could be too strong along with the salicylic acid   in the ingredients but I did a little test and had my mum try out the product who has the opposite skin to myself.

    The same reaction came from my mum as myself, unable to treat sensitive/greasy skin or normal/dry skin without a high amount of irritation could be enough evidence towards this product not being suitable to universal skin types. Being new to the brand I'm unaware how long this product has been on the market or if the ingredients have been changed from a previous variation.

    However I am sure that I will not be purchasing this product again under any circumstances, or will I be buying any products from the entire brand range unless it is bought as a present. I hope this information has been useful to new possible Clearasil customers.

Fagan x 

No comments:

Post a Comment