Wednesday 13 February 2013

THIS WEEK | Topshop Wishlist #5

    Being an absolute sucker for the onesie trend that may not be as prominent now than two months or so ago but still floating around, I couldn't help but add this to the wishlist. Personally I already own a crocodile, dinosaur and monkey onesie but why not have another dinosaur one. Compared to the onesies I own, this is quite expensive but the material inside is more fleecy like Topshop's sweatshirts which I would be willing to pay for a warmer onesie because the soul purpose of them is to be warm isn't it. The detailing is limited to the top of the hood with felt 'teeth' and kooky facial details making it more playful.
TOPSHOP || Dinosaur Onesie || £36
    Next is something that was either loved or loathed and its the beanie hat. I'm a big fan of hats and have worn them for 4/5 years now, when the trend first came out I liked the type of hat but because I have jaw length hair I avoided wearing them because I would resemble a boy. Going into autumn last year my hair was at a reasonable length and I've not stopped buying them since. The neon greens against the blacks make it a statement piece that could brighten up a simple all coloured outfit. It also fits into the new trend for SS '13 of sports related clothing items. 
TOPSHOP || Lightening Bolt Beanie || £14
    Continuing with the green theme, this simplistic pencil skirt is the perfect versatile piece for the temperamental weather (especially in the UK). This could be styled however you deem fit, I would personally wear this with on over sized jumper up to my hips I do this already with a fitted slip dress I own which teams up as a pencil skirt as well. Hopefully Topshop might do this in a Tall version as being 5ft 9 I feel sometimes knee-length skirts end up above my knee and can look quite silly.
TOPSHOP || Green Spot Pencil Skirt || £22
    By far these chunky boots are my favourite from the entire selection this week, and their price is quite reasonable. They're also a walk-able height with the heel being only 2.5" which I would consider the average height for a heeled boot. Being brightly white pairing these with black tights or a denim wash would make them stand out from the crowd more than any pair of heeled boots. Because of their price I'm considering on saving up for a pair of these, you could also pair these with frilly socks the give your outfit some texture.
TOPSHOP || ASTRIX Chunky Heeled Boots || £40
    The next piece is something that personally I wouldn't wear as the A-Line shape of this skirt is something that is not flattering to my figure but nevertheless the print is what caught my eye. I have a body-con skirt that is extremely similar to this print, that I had to do a double take when scrolling down Topshop's page. I find this pattern is quite flexible as there's a wide variety of colours, the heavier base of grey also contributes taming it down if you have a louder piece up top.
TOPSHOP || Acid Floral A-Line Skirt || £34



No comments:

Post a Comment