Sunday 4 May 2014

What I Want To Achieve Before Turning 25..

    It's been some time since I've wrote something worthy of posting, over the past month or so I've been preparing for something that will literally be life changing for me. Towards the end of this year I will be packing up, moving out and starting fresh at one of two universities that have given me conditional offers. With such a huge step in my previously sheltered daily life (living at home for 18 years) it got me thinking that I'll soon be fully responsible for myself and boring things like bills. Not only that but I'll actually be turning 20 towards the end of next year, which might seem a long time for some people, but it still slightly terrifies me and feels really close. Because of this I thought I'd compile a little list of things I want to achieve by the time I turn 25, which is only a short 7 years away. Hopefully I'll be able to look back at this list and would've achieved at least two things, so enjoy!




1. Graduate University with a 2:1

    I think this is honestly a no brainer for anybody that's heading off to university in their upcoming years. I'm off to study Journalism after September this year and not only is a career in the media a hard thing to get but with the current economic crisis it's even harder, which sucks! For those of you who don't understand the university grades, the highest that I know of is a 1:1 which is essentially like a grade A, then a 2:1 is a grade B etc etc.

2. Get a flat in Milton Keynes or Watford

    I know most people just aspire to get their own flat somewhere or other but considering my degree will (hopefully) take me further down South towards London, I've already had a nosey at places around the area to move to. Milton Keynes and Watford at the moment seem to be considerably priced and aren't all that far from central London (1hr max on the train), I'd ideally love to eventually move into London itself but maybe in my late twenties.

3. Be accepted onto a Channel 4 internship

    If you've read my twitter or know me in person, you'll know I've been so passionate about working with Channel 4 for a couple of years now and I'm actually in the process of applying for an internship as a backup incase I don't get into university. The Channel 4 brand (Film4/E4 etc) have given me so many programmes that I've enjoyed wholeheartedly and it'd honestly be a dream to work for them in the future, even starting off on an internship.

4. Watch and meet Tom Odell

    There's really not much to this, I'm just a huge fan of Tom Odell since his first single dropped in 2012 and every time I've gone to purchase tickets to see him live something or other has gotten into the way. It seems inevitable that I'll ever get to see him live especially the more popular he becomes, the quicker tickets will sell out, so I must get to a Tom Odell concert pretty soon. And it'd also be cool to meet him because I hear he's a lovely guy, and he's quite a looker too ha.

5. Get a piece of writing published in a newspaper

    Pretty self explanatory, as somebody who's interested in the media industry and an avid writer from a young age, having some of my genuine work published in a newspaper would be so satisfying and rewarding, I'd probably frame it in my bedroom (no joke!). As for what I'd want to be published I haven't got a clue as of yet, it could possibly be an opinion piece but we'll have to wait and see till it happens. 

6. Travel to Prague

    Prague is such a beautiful place, I honestly just want to go for either a long weekend or maybe 5 days just so I can drink in the culture and photograph the stunning scenery. I'm a sucker for places like Prague, Venice, Southern France etc I just feel at home surrounded by such sights. A lot of museums tours would be in order if I ever visit.

7. Become a regular at the gym

    Now let's be a bit blunt, by the time I'm 25 even though I'll still be considered young (I hope) I will no longer have the metabolism of 18 year old me. This one is basically a really boring "I'll soon be forty and probably unhealthy if I don't start regular exercise now" also I secretly enjoy exercising, it's just a case of getting into a continuous habit that I find difficult.

8. Attend a music festival

    Whenever I tell people I've still not attended a music festival it really surprises them, I don't know whether its because I'm really passionate about music and its expected or because maybe I look like the festival type but yeah I've never been to one, yet. Music festivals are a must have in my future, the atmosphere you get from a small concert is unbelieveable so I can't wait to see what it's like to be at a festival with thousands of different people.

9. Buy and care for my own cat

    Again if you know me in person, you'll know I'm essentially the 'cat lady'. I've grown up with cats around me, my entire life and I currently live with 4 (Oscar, Betty, Bleu & Tiger) but I can't wait to save up money for my first proper cat that I'll have full responsibility for just because I love them so much. Some people want to have children and be married in their early/mid twenties, whereas I just want a cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment