Friday 16 May 2014

DIY || Ripped Jeans

    I've recently been on the look out for a pair of black ripped jeans, and to my surprise Topshop don't stock any online in the tall section! Rather than go into the store to possibly be disappointed, I took it upon myself to have a little DIY on a spare pair of jeans that I own. Now these jeans are also from the Topshop Tall Leigh jean section and they're in fact a shiny material rather than your generic denim. This DIY is extremely easy so if you wish to have a crack then click the 'read more' button below the picture, to achieve this look.



    Like I said previously this DIY is super easy, so I'll break it down into four really simple steps.

1. Put your jeans on and mark with a pen where you want the cut to be, this can either be just below your knee, across your knee or above it really depends on the effect you're after.

2. Once you've done this you'll wanna take your jeans off and place them on a flat surface. Find the line you previously drew, and with a pair of scissors slice open the denim. Make sure you've separated the front panel of denim from the back, otherwise you'll cut straight through to the back.




3. Finally all you have to do is cut along either side of the hole to a desired length, I personally left about 1 cm away from the seam until you feel the hole is the correct size. Then for added effect, you can carefully drag the blade across the edges of the denim, to create a more distressed look.



4. Finally you'll want to put said jeans back on again to see whether you've attained the 'ripped' jeans effect. When I put mine on, I pulled slightly at the material to give it a more rough look, so it wasn't as clean cut, and there you have some DIY ripped jeans!





No comments:

Post a Comment