Monday 3 June 2013

Topshop || Tall Section Weekly Selections #3

Dark Floral Print Joggers || £35
    The first clothing item for this weekly selections are these lovely dark joggers, that are elasticated around the waist and ankles. These fit straight into the sports luxe trend and although I was quite apprehensive towards this trend I'm quite partial to the comfortable aspect to the trend. Being a lazy, laid back dresser 80% of the time, I've been wearing my paisley elasticated joggers whenever the weather was suitable. The dark shades of green, black and a lighter lavender shade are extremely flattering to all figures especially if you're cautious of your hips/thighs. I'm quite swayed to purchasing these joggers as the material is slightly thicker than that of my paisley joggers, so they would be appropriate for all seasons.

Acid Denim Flippy Dress || £36
    The next piece is this lovely floppy denim skater styled dress with a lovely laced up back, acid wash is a trend that never goes out of fashion and it definitely won't over this summer. The two layers to the dress, creates a more summery tone and more character to the overall product. The detailing on the back, gives you extra space for your skin to breath stopping horrible summer sweats in awkward spaces. The simplistic nature of the dress allows you to layer up in the colder days with tights or thin t-shirts like in the picture above, this to me justifies the rather high price of £36 as it's a very versatile piece. 

Embroidered White Crop Top || £22
    The second to last piece is this lovely crop top that falls into the white trend which I made a post previously about (click here to read) as I said in the post, white is a brilliant shade to bring into spring/summer as it's very fresh and pure looking. The mesh section at the front enables your skin to breath but also gives an alternative and more edgy look to something rather plain. The embroidered detailing is also another aspect of the top that makes it stand out from the rest, as pairing this with a thick, chunky gold chain would enhance these patterns. 

Bodycon Denim Skirt || £26
    Finally my absolute favourite piece from this entire post, the denim skirt. I love this piece as it incorporates the latest pencil skirt trend with denim to toughen it up (also weather appropriate for the uk). This piece is bodycon, so it's very flatter hugging but paired with the right crop top, long tee or band tshirt you could manipulate any odd lumps and bumps to suit your shape. I feel a rather 90's nostalgia whenever I look at this skirt and I can imagine somebody with their hair up in a scrunchy (which are coming back too!), rocking some velvet garment while listening to their hit clips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment