Friday 4 January 2013

REVIEWED || Viktor & Ralf - Spicebomb Eau De Toilette



 
   I know people who are familiar with Viktor & Rolf will be reading this thinking I've picked up the wrong bottle and so did my mother when I bought it. This is 'Spicebomb' the latest male scent by Viktor & Rolf and yes I have purchased this for myself, not a boyfriend or male in general. I've never really heard of any ladies that have bought gents scents (rhyme!) for their own benefit, I never thought I would either. Yet the masculine smell rings a home comfort to me and was actually bought in regards to a private joke, between myself and a friend during our journey home from Venice.

    I'm not a connoisseur on scent notes but one smell of this scent releases that of leather and tobacco. To contrast from such a pungent smell there is also undertones of spices with a zesty grapefruit punch to it. The variety in smells I believe is one of the factors as to why I liked it so much. The rustic leather smell gave off a certain character to me (again to do with the private joke). It personally reminds me of the old eras of cowboys and real tough men such as Clint Eastwood during his younger years.

    Strangely enough I've had more people question what scent I was wearing 70% of the time when I have worn it. Because it's a male scent and is nowhere near a the common light and floral perfume women wear, I feel it attracts more people towards it if worn by the opposite sex. That being said there is an alternative for women called 'Flowerbomb', I've not personally smelled it but I believe it to be very floral with undertones of whirlwind, jasmine and patchouli.

    That being said what's your opinion on women wearing male scents, would you still purchase something designed for men if you liked the smell? Leave a comment down below, be interesting what other female bloggers think on the subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment