Saturday 16 June 2012

Blink-182 Manchester Gig

    Last night was unreal, the support bands and the main band themselves blew me away! The line up was 'Twin Atlantic', 'The All American Rejects' and 'Blink-182'. It was wonderful. I arrived outside the venue with my friend for around 3pm, there was around 30 people roughly who were all very lovely. We just relaxed really, had some McDonalds and at 5:30pm everybody was allocated into different lines due to there being 7 different entrances. 



    At 6pm we were let inside, it was a frantic rush to get the another line which would lead us into the stalls (standing area). We were all given white wristbands with a blue zig zag pattern on so that we were entitled to receive our concert ticket back at the end. Once led down the many set of stairs everybody ran to the barrier, some being almost tackled be security to slow down. Thankfully me and my friend made it to the barrier, and then was instructed to sit on the floor until the first act came on.


    The first act was 'Twin Atlantic' I've been a fan of this band for quite a while and only found out on the day that they were standing in place of another good band 'Four Year Strong'. Their set-list consisted of songs off their new album and their known single 'Free'. The boys performed very well and only played a short set of around 45 minutes.


    Next to come on stage was 'The All American Rejects', these guys were known for their single 'Hope It Gives You Hell' a few years ago, bursting on stage to 'Dirty Little Secret' the crowd and myself jumped around crazily, singing along. The front man of this band - Tyson Ritter was a bundle of energy throughout the entire set. One of their crew members had their birthday celebrated on stage as well yesterday with a birthday ham, they also got to perform 30 seconds of their own band, which name I can't remember. 


    Then after a 30 minute wait, the glorious 'Blink-182' graced the stage. The energy in the room was sky high, performing all their known songs such as 'I Miss You', 'What's My Age Again?', 'Rock Show' etc a few of their older songs also went down a storm. A special performance of the song 'Wasting Time' was also done. Not being played in around 15 years, people were swaying along to the acoustic song, singing their hearts out.


    I can't recommend enough to go watch 'Blink-182' they filled a big gap in my heart that night, I can guarantee the band will be back next year with another European Tour, that will probably be even better than this one. Growing up listening to the band from such a young age steered me into my music taste today, which to me is a wonderful thought. Below I'll leave some photo's I took of the support bands and the main band, enjoy!


    Fagan x























No comments:

Post a Comment