Tuesday 20 August 2013

REVIEWED || Ren Sample Skincare Kit


    For those of you glancing at the magazine aisle last month, you would've seen that Red magazine we're giving away a freebie kit of Ren's latest 'clean skincare'. Personally I've heard of all the hype behind Ren, but I've never had the opportunity to purchase any of their products simply on the grounds that, they are not stocked in my local beauty stores. So one can imagine the excitement I felt when I saw these three perfectly sized samples (which have not run out yet). A little history lesson on these Ren products is that they don't use parabens, sulphates mineral oil or petrolatum synthetic fragrance and many other bad chemicals for your skin.



    First and foremost I thought I'd get piggy in the middle sorted out first as the other two products in this kit are moisturizers. Again due to the fact I've never used Ren products before I approached these samples with an open mind that was laced with high expectations and I'm glad to announce that they have fulfilled their brief. This product which I use once daily is the 'Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel' I was pleasantly surprised by the rose sent to this gel, that attaches itself to your skin without being overpowering but strong enough to catch a smell of throughout the day. 

    In the past I've used gel based products such as foundations and primers that have left my face almost drenched in access oils along with a rather unsettling film over my face, that I've had to wash off and start over again with. As you work the product, the clear gel sinks instantaneously into the skin, leaving no residue when you splash your face with warm water. Another plus side to this cleansing gel is that a small amount of product goes along way, I tend to use a pea sized amount and this successfully covers my entire face and neck. 


    The next in line to the freebie skin care kit is the 'Vita-Mineral Day Cream' this like the cleansing gel has scents of rose in there that add to the whole experience of fresh skin care. I apply this after the cleansing gel as I know my face is a clear canvas with no makeup or dirt remains from the previous day. This moisturizer is very hydrating but I find it to also be mattifying at the same time (even though it doesn't state this on the bottle). As I'm approaching my 18th birthday I've noticed my skin has started to change again from the very oily young teenager to a more 'normal' to dry combination because of this sudden change most moisturizers has acted against my skin bar this one. I no longer haves dry patches on my nose and forehead when this is applied under my make up and I've no longer got a shiny, reflective face which is good progress to what previous moisturizers did to my skin. 


    The final product in the skin care is this frankincense night cream, if you can't already tell from the product name this moisturizer doesn't have a rose scent unlike the others but don't threat as the scent of frankincense is even better. Unlike a normal moisturizer this cream is in fact a slightly yellow shade which goes translucent once applied to the skin so you don't have to worry. The frankincense scent is very calming which is quite valued in a night time skin care product, without sounding like an old record this moisturizer is hydrating and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and soft. I honestly don't feel the same going to bed without this product on so once the samples run out I will definitely be ordering full sizes online, which are heads up quite hefty.

No comments:

Post a Comment