Monday 19 August 2013

Preparing for A/W || Part I - Footwear

    As soon as summer begins, the stores seem to start stocking up on AW collections and I'm not one to object as the fall months are my favourite! So this year I thought I'd join in with a four part series on how to prepare for A/W, these will consist of posts on footwear, coats, cosmetics and finally accessories. I hope this will be helpful to some of you who are as excited about the winter seasons as I am! So hope you all enjoy this series as I get myself back into blogging. 

Brogue's £39.99 Zara || Chelsea Boots £62.00 Topshop
    In footwear I think leather is the best option not only throughout the year but especially during winter, as far as I've experience winter it's guaranteed to rain, hail be windy or possibly snow. And that's where these lovely leather beautifies go into play, while I've been at college my schedule during the midweek would finish at dinner time allowing me to go home earlier. This meant I had to take a 10 minute walk downhill a very narrow pavement alongside a road to get to the bottom of the train station, which I then had to walk up to as it was on top of a hill ha. Now this procedure isn't physically enduring but it did cause bother to my feet when I wore poor shoes. I won't go into the details but eventually I bought a pair of primark faux leather boots (which are now broken) and the difference in the material and sustainability was incredible. I'm going to actually be purchasing either the brogues or chelsea boots pictures above this year to give my feet that extra bit of luxury.

Boots £100 Office || Flat Forms £14.99 H&M
    If you're lucky to live in a climate that doesn't pour down with rain as regularly or are willing to risk getting wet feet then suede shoes will be your next best friend over A/W. I own too many pairs of suede boots that I can't wear during the winter because of the unreliable rainy weather in the UK but when we get a dry spell I love to bring them out. I like to compare suede shoes in the winter to wearing the warmest slippers you own, which is quite ironic as I don't even own a pair of slippers. Regardless of this, suede give an extra texture to your winter wardrobe without having to think twice. I especially like the burgundy flat forms as I feel that you could possibly get away with wearing these in the UK with the rain, as the raised platform keeps the suede section lifted from the puddles, keeping them nice and toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment