Monday 29 October 2012

INTERVIEWED | Lois Clare Flynn

    Over the past 48 hours myself and Lois have been exchanging emails, regarding interviews. I've asked her the questions and this morning I was pleased to see a wonderful response, to every questions. Not skimping any corners, when answering. So I present to you the interview with the lovely blogger - Lois Clare Flynn


1) So the first question, I really ask everyone is when and why did you start blogging?

    I started my blog at the beginning of this year, mainly because I wanted something extra to do with my free time! I've seen bloggers in high fashion magazines and attending exclusive fashion events and I wanted to be one of those people. Also, the network of beauty and fashion blogs is so vast, I particularly love reading product reviews so I know if a certain product is really worth it!

2) Like myself you're very into your nail art, is there any inspiration behind your nail art?

    It depends really! Sometimes I like to keep things seasonal - like my recent firework nails which are perfect for bonfire night... last Halloween I even painted cobwebs on my nails! Also I love floral and ombre nails in the summery months. If I'm stuck for an idea I always turn to youtube or my trusty Wah Nails book. It's full of ideas to recreate with basic steps and pictures to help! Failing those two, I turn to my favourite design - leopard print, super versatile and customisable it looks great every time.



3) If any company could send you a product to review for free, what would be your dream product?

    This is a tough one! A Ferrari maybe? (just kidding!) The first thing that springs to mind is a pair of GHDs. I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend £100 on some straighteners yet everybody I know that has a pair absolutely loves them! I have a pair of Babyliss ones that I got half price from Argos ages ago and they work a treat for my hair, I'd like to see what the hype surrounding GHDs is really about. 

4) If you could recommend something for this season (book/perfume etc) what would it be?

    I have three things! An item of clothing I would recommend would be a bold print jumper. I have a neon leopard print jumper from ASOS and it brightens up any outfit, and it's really warm! A beauty product I would recommend would be a heat protectant, it's so important to protect your hair from the harsh wind and cold temperatures in these seasons, my VO5 protectant leaves my hair feeling silky and not damaged. Finally, a miscellaneous thing I'd recommend is the book 'The Time Traveller's Wife'. I recently finished reading this and I think it is SO much better than the film! Really emotional and romantic read, perfect for those evenings with the radiators on full blast and a nice cuppa.

5) Who are you main inspirations behind your fashion?

    I don't have many people I look to for fashion advice, most of the time I just wear what I think looks nice. I'm a big fan of anything black, I think it's a sophisticated colour! If I'm interested in trends I read my Vogue magazine or look on ASOS as they often have their stock organised into trends which is really useful! I don't tend to buy a lot of my clothes from high street stores, I usually look there for ideas of the current trends. My favourite places to shop are charity shops as I always find good bargains that I know other people won't have, my worst nightmare would be if somebody was wearing the same thing as me!

6) You went to LFW this year, could you describe the experience to those (like myself) unfortunate to go?

    Really great. It's such an amazing day out! The shopping is majorly discounted - designer brands for a fraction of their original prices (yay!), and the catwalk shows are so fun, it's exciting to watch the models and see what new collections are coming in the next seasons. Another thing is seeing what everybody is wearing, London is known as a fashion capital and I loved the outfits I saw at LFW. Also it's fun to go celeb spotting, I met Caroline Flack after the catwalk show and she was really lovely!

7) Any final tips of the trade to people who are new to the blogging world, or are thinking of starting up their own blog?

    I think when writing a blog it's important to let your readers see your personality through your posts, otherwise it can become a bit boring to read. Also, try and add something original and unique to your blog to make it stand out from others, and try to keep posts to some sort of schedule so you don't end up posting 10 things one month and 2 the next. Finally, it's important to have fun! If you think a blog is going to be a chore then it probably isn't the right thing for you. I look forward to updating mine as it takes my mind off college stress!

    So I hope you enjoyed the little interview we had, I really enjoyed reading through her responses as people's minds and ideals are so different to others. Below will be all the social networking sites you can get Lois on, please check out her blog she's a lovely girl with great knowledge!

Twitter Account -  @loisclareflynn

No comments:

Post a Comment