Saturday 4 May 2013

My (small) Shoe Collection

    I wasn't sure how I was going to do this post originally because you normally see "shoe collections" as videos on youtube (which I might do in the future) allowing you to show off the shoes better but instead I've taken a birds eye view then side shot of the shoes. I'm going to put this under a read more after the first pair as well just to keep things neat on my blog, enjoy!



    This first pair of flats were originally my holiday sandals but I bought another pair which are coming next. I bought these from Primark the week before my holiday for roughly £10 (I can't really remember exactly), there was a selection of different colours i.e pink, lilac, black but I decided gold/light brown would work best as I'm not all fussed about colours. The gold detail across the toes gave the sandals a very chic touch with a little bit of shimmer in the sun. Now the reasoning why I didn't take these on holiday with me is the backing of the sandals, I have very sensitive skin of my ankles and as the backing material didn't soften they started to rub and dig into my ankle, if you don't suffer with this problem then go and buy them quick!






    Now these are the sandals I decided to take with me, as you can see from the photo the material was much softer and were comfier on the feet feeling like you wasn't wearing any at all. I picked these up from Asda literally 3 days or so before leaving the UK for £12 approx, I kept with the golden colour theme as it matched my nail polish (which is terribly chipped now) and I was hoping to gain a darker tan than I actually did to highlight the sandals. Compared to very simple Topshop sandals these did the trick very well, allowing sand to pass through them without getting stuck or ruining them. If you're going on holiday this summer don't overlook your local supermarket chain for little bits and bobs.



    I hardly wear these shoes and I rediscovered them this afternoon while I was preparing for this post, I first bought these roughly 2 years ago from Urban Outfitters and they're from the Deena & Ozzy brand which is one of my favourite brands going! The shoes were roughly £30-£40 but are worth every penny! They're a suede material so wearing these in the UK can be risky at times as it's known to pour down with rain whenever it fancies, the material however allows your feet to breath and doesn't over heat them.



    These are another pair of suede shoes that are the oldest pair of shoes I own, I've had these for a minimum of 5 years infact I've had them that long the labels inside have rubbed off. These shoes were from Topshop and cost around £20-£25 (when Topshop prices weren't as bad). Because they're suede the material is extremely soft, making them one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I've even owned, the only problem I have is that the laces sometimes come undone because of the soft material. I also picked up a black pair from Primark that looked the spitting image but were slightly harder in their material (still soft) which were a fraction of the price.



    I'm very selective with heels, being 5ft 9.5 I don't really need the extra height but I couldn't resist myself when I saw these velvet platforms. These were from Urban Outfitters from the Deena & Ozzy collection (told you I liked them) for roughly £20 as I bought these during a sale. These platforms are slightly too big for me, it would've been better if they did half sizes but they're walkable. I tend to wear these out all the time if I'm going shopping and I even braved these during the heavy snow/ice I couple of years ago in the UK (I ran to catch a bus in them in the snow ha). I wish I bought the black pair of these as well while they were on sale, if you see a pair of these definitely pick them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment