Wednesday 6 August 2014

Soap & Glory || Pressed Powder, Concealer & Liquid Eyeliner


Very recently I decided that I was going to venture down a few makeup brand paths that I've never really tried out before. First on the list was of course Soap & Glory, I always thought of that brand having its strengths in its bath and body products but I was pleasantly surprised to see its success in makeup. My usual makeup routine was very minimal and basic, so I decided to pick up a few products that I've hardly bothered with in the past such as powder, concealer and liquid eyeliner. I've had all of these products for roughly two weeks now and used them more or less every day, so I think now is the time to go into reviewing them!



Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder:
For years I've had oily and acne prone skin which has caused me huge problems when using products like pressed powder. In the past year or so, the oiliness has decreased now with dry patches causing me to accommodate for combination skin which has worked in my favour. I always thought the effect created by powder, in this case 'matt effect' is always flattering because I'm not a fan of the shiny/dewy face and I've gone and hit the jackpot with this powder. No matter how much you layer onto your face, I've found it impossible to create a cakey looking appearance which is a common problem with powders. It glides perfectly across my foundation and has yellow undertones that compliment my skin shade brilliantly. It can also double up as a primer for under your makeup, which I haven't tried yet but I'm sure it has just as great results.



Kick Ass Concealer A Three-Piece Flaw Camouflage Kit
When I picked up this product, I was actually unaware that it was a three-piece set so you can tell I was very happy once I opened it up. Again like previously mentioned I've never thought you use a concealer in my makeup routine as using heavy products just messed up my entire face. But as I'm recovering from many hours of non stop revising from my summer exams, my under eyes had darkened and a few red patches surfaced. When you open up the compact, the first level you see is the final step which is a miniature translucent powder to set your concealer but we all know how that works. Once you open the layer below that, you're greeted with two different shades of concealer. On the left you have a peach toned creamy concealer which works perfectly to counteract any dark circles under your eyes, and helps brighten up that area too. Then on the right you've got a darker, more yellow toned concealer for any red marks or imperfection you might have over the rest of your face. The smooth consistency enables you to glide it on effortlessly, with no creases covering everything up.



Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen
The final piece of Soap & Glory goodness I picked up was this liquid eyeliner pen. Previously I've always stayed away from liquid eyeliners because they can be pretty tricky to apply, and well if you mess it up you have to essentially start again from scratch. However this pen can create an effortless cat eye effect within seconds, and that's coming from a newbie. The black nib is relatively thick, which helps you to create your desired 'cat eye' look, whether you use the fine point to create a natural everyday look or press down on the lash line for something more dramatic. Another bonus I've noticed with this product is that once you're applying it along the lash line, the pen doesn't dry out halfway through. Prior to this I was using a Bourjois pen and by the time I was halfway through doing my eyes, the pen stopped working and dried up. I've never had that problem with this product though, and if you do, do a mistake it wipes away easily and doesn't drag the skin with it.

I'd love to hear any recommendations you have for Soap & Glory products, whether it be from their makeup range, skincare or bath and body care. I think I'm slowly going to buy the entire store I've been that impressed so far, leave a comment below what you think!


6 comments:

  1. I've always loved their bath products but never tried their makeup range! I think I'll definitely be picking up the pressed powder next time though! Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really tried their bath products except a scrub that was really nice, It's honestly one of my favourite things, just sets your makeup beautifully! x

      Delete
  2. Seriously tempted by the Kick Ass Concealer! I'd definitely recommend any of their body butters if you are into rich creams, if not the lotions are great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant stuff! Yeah I'm really tempted to try out one of their body butters next time I go shopping, end up owning everything at this rate hah!

      Delete
  3. May have to give these a go, my brother always buys me the bath gift set for christmas and I love it!

    Check out my blog - whichit.blogspot.com
    Maybe we can follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait till Christmas, can put some of their products on my wish list hah, glad you enjoyed the read :-)

      Delete