Saturday 4 January 2014

REVIEWED || Bo Burnham Live - 'What'

    I've been anticipating the release of Bo's latest stand up gig 'What' since the end of last year when he mentioned it on Twitter, there was no release date mentioned so it was a case of checking Netflix every other week to see if was on there yet, and long behold two nights ago I saw it appear. Prior to this the only stand up I'd seen of Bo was his 2010 show 'Words, Words, Words' which hearing just the audio beforehand was still ridiculously funny! I also recently missed out on the chance to see Bo perform live in the UK, but we'll pretend like I didn't miss out on that amazing opportunity. 


© Reddit

    So the latest stand up gig for Bo was covered with heaps of new material, considering I like to scavenge the internet for hours on different comedians, I had come across some of the gags he featured but it didn't make it any less funny. Bo's one man show is outstanding, especially the opening scene which consists of a lot of free style dance that personally made me feel tired just watching him do. Pulling apart the generic pop culture and being rather sarcastic and slightly offensive (if you get offended at comedy though that's stupid) Bo has got to be one of my favourite comedians so far, and only being in his early 20's he's done well at putting his name out there. The show featured a variety of light and dark parts, especially ending with a great compilation of different voices to make one huge song on how people don't really know the real Bo, if you love comedy I highly recommend you go watch this on Netflix while it's still up there.

    Hopefully Bo will be returning to the UK very soon as he does do a lot of performances in America and if he does I definitely won't be missing out on it! As well as this new release, Bo has brought out a new book which consists of poems that aren't supposed to be taken seriously and are after all just a bit of fun. If you wanna have a nosey at the book, then click here for a direct link. Another part of Bo's career that sadly hasn't been promoted in the UK is his latest TV show on MTV called 'Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous', I don't know much about the programme besides the fact its a type of sitcom ever so slightly based off Bo's life as a teenager, so if you live in America definitely check it out! 

    So what do you think of Bo Burnham, are you a fan like myself or have you never heard of him before? Leave a comment down below, be interesting to see who else knows of Bo's comedy genius.


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this guy but definitely going to check him out on Netflix!

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete