Thursday 12 September 2013

Liebster Award

    It doesn't seem too long ago since I was last nominated for the Liebster Award, but here we are again. This time I was tagged earlier this morning actually by the lovely Laura from SmileatStyle (just click for the link) and all I've been looking forward to all day was to find some time to sit down and respond, so here I am with a chinese takeaway and Kate Nash playing in my ears, so here we go!



The Rules:
-Share 11 random facts about yourself
-Answer the 11 questions given to you by
the person who nominated you for this
award
-Nominate blogs with less than 200
followers
-Create 11 new questions
-No tag backs

11 random facts about me:

1. For years and years I used to hate being tall (I'm currently 5ft 9.5) but as I've gotten older, I've learned to embrace in and especially not let it stop me wearing platforms/heels even if I am slightly like an amazonian woman ha.

2. I can only film my youtube videos when everybody is out the house and I know nobody will be coming to deliver packages or whatever. If I know I've only got an hour to film, I constantly trip up on my words while filming which either ends in me not filming at all or taking at least 2 hours to edit everything out.

3. I'm a huge comedy fan, more or less any form of comedy is funny or interesting to me. I own a stupid amount of comedy DVD's whether that be stand up or TV series that I love. I also tend to watch the same thing continuously, for example I watch the entire 3 series of Black Books possibly 10/11 times over the course of this summer. (I promise I'm not crazy hah)

4. I personally think I'm quite funny which is painfully ironic because nobody else tends to think so, but I never believe them ;) 

5. I'm obsessed with the paisley pattern to the point where I named one of my baby rabbits after it ha, I also own two pairs of trousers that are paisley patterned, I'm slowly building up a collection. 

6. Not really a random fact but it is quite a fond fact of mine and it's that I've met two (in my eyes) comedy genius' and that's Noel Fielding and Dave Brown at Noel's book signing in the summer of 2011. I waited roughly 6/7 hours to get a good viewing for the live painting session and of course the book signing, it was one of the best days in my life so far especially when I got a hug and a kiss of Noel along with a few compliments off him!

7. My hair is naturally pin straight, so I hardly ever bother drying my hair with a hairdryer because as long as my layers aren't short I never have any hairs sticking up crazily. I also never, ever use straighteners and a weird thing about my hair is that even though it is so straight I can leave it up in a bun for 2 days and then have perfect ringlet curls once I let it down. I guess my hair is easily manipulated. 

8. I'm not sure whether to is to do with my height or not but I have a history of having quite bad bones on the right hand side of my body. So basically, I tend to get extreme pain in my shoulder blade/shoulder or knee cap every now and then, but like I said it could be related to my height as it was classed as "growing pains" when I was younger but I'm not sure at the moment.

9. When I was in high school, during my second to last year (I think) we studied the Shakespearean play Hamlet. To cut the story short me and one of my friends became absolutely obsessed with it and I ended up buying the copy we analysed on DVD so I could watch it in my own time.  I ended up getting an A on that exam so it did pay off ha.

10. Really boring one, but my favourite colour of all time is green but specially mint green!

11. I started dying my hair at around the age of 11, I started off very simple with dark purple shades as my hair is naturally a dark brown, almost black shade. And it eventually over the past 7 years evolved to bleaching it every other month but now I've gone back to a natural brown shade purely because I'm too lazy to keep bleaching it then applying crazy colours. And for the record I've not damaged my hair as much as people assume you do with bleach, so if you wanna bleach your hair, just go for it. 

My 11 questions to answer:

1. What made you start your blog?
    - I've always loved writing since I was little and I also enjoyed voicing my opinions about different things I'd bought or event I'd been too. I'm a very talkative person so blogging was another outlet I could use instead of talking people to death. As I started blogging it just came more mainstream and was discussed on social media a lot more often, so I guess I started at a decent time for networking and making friends.

2. If you were stranded on a dessert island with only one thing what would it be?
    - Assuming I had a water and food supply and probably no electricity I'd take my duvet just because it's for a double bed and it's really comfortable, so I'd be able to pass the time asleep without getting covered in sand, or being cold at night.

3. What is your favourite item of clothing?
    - For sentimental reason it would have to be a grey bodycon skirt I've got that has flowers and a slight leopard print on it (its dark grey shades) that's from Primark purely because I wore it the day I met Noel Fielding and Dave Brown ha. But currently it would be a grey striped tshirt I bought from Topshop that is batwinged at the top and fitted at the bottom (it has three quarter sleeves).

4. What did you do today?
    - Nothing exciting, I had two lessons at college today with a 4 hour break in between and during that time I did some English Language work and started planning a girly holiday I'm going on next summer with my college mates and also just had a few laughs over some private jokes.
 
5. What are your hopes for the future?
    - At the moment I'm starting to apply for universities and ideally I'd love to do Broadcast Journalism at the University of Leeds (AAB grade boundaries). During my course I'd love to do a work placement with Channel 4 and eventually get a job out of it to eventually become a presenter for a comedy show, similar to what I do on youtube right now.

6. The best memory of your childhood?
    - Every boxing day (the day after christmas) I used to go down to the local pub with my mum and meet up with all my cousins and we used to play stupid spy games which basically involved two teams (girls vs. boys) and we'd collect the drink coasters and throw them at each other as it they were guns? But we soon stopped doing this when I was roughly 11 because all of my cousins except one are at least 2 years older than me.

7. If you could choose any celebrity to be your best friend, who would it be?
    - That is hard. There's quite a few for different reasons, I think I'd have to pick either Derren Brown, Simon Pegg or Kate Nash. They're all such lovely people, and they all have really interesting careers so I think it'd be really fun to share that growth with them.

8. Who is your favourite blogger?
    - Again this is hard, on the top of my head I think of Ivania from LOVE AESTHETICS I just love her simplistic and effortless take on not only fashion but home decor. If your a fan of minimalistic fashion then you will absolutely love her blog, definitely check it out! 

9. What is your favourite foundation?
    - I never really have a favourite foundation, at the moment I'm using a discontinued Chanel foundation that my nan had away in storage but I think all the Nars foundations are pretty decent no matter what skin type you are but overall I think I prefer a powder foundation even though I've been using liquid for the past 2 years.
 
10. If you could buy any item of clothing right now what would it be?
    - I just mentioned this in a piece I'm doing on lovefrommisbehave's blog and it's a heavily embellished midi pencil skirt, topshop had pretty decent ones out in the summer but there were roughly £50 so I couldn't justify that on one item of clothing. But if I do see something similar for a reasonable price I'll definitely pick it up and pretend to be a mermaid.

11. Fake tan or no fake tan?
   - Easy, no fake tan I hate the stuff ha. 

Who I nominate:

....And any other blogger who fancies it!

My 11 questions:

1. What song or album have you had on repeat recently?
2. If you got to guest post on any blog who's would it be and what content would you post?
3. Any holy grail products?
4. What trend for A/W are you looking forward to the most?
5. What does your day usually consist of?
6. Is there any life lessons you've learnt that you think other people should know about?
7. Favourite TV series or book, or even both?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
9. Fringe or no fringe?
10. Any new drinks, sweets etc you're obsessed with? (e.g triple caramel frap at starbucks)
11. What was your experience at high school like?

No comments:

Post a Comment